Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My Husband


Kristen did this on her blog and tagged me to do it on mine. It looked like fun so here it goes!
  • What is his name? Aaron John Peterson


  • How long have you been married? Eight and a half months


  • How long did you date? Hmmm… A little more than three months, but we only saw each other on weekends. One of us would drive three and a half hours to the other’s house. We would talk constantly on IM during the week at work. ;)


  • How old is he? 26. He’ll be 27 on March 8th. I’m 29. Aaron likes to constantly remind me of how much older I am.


  • Who eats more? Well, lately me (I’m eating for two). Plus Aaron is funny about food if he’s stressed he loses his appetite. Fortunately since he’s started a new job the stress has gone down and he is eating normally again.


  • Who said I love you first? Aaron did. He said it to me the weekend we celebrated his birthday last year. I said it right back to him.


  • Who is smarter? It depends on what it is. I think I am more computer/ technology, book smart and Aaron is more people, street, spiritual smart. We compliment each other that way.


  • Whose temper is worse? Well to be honest it would be Aaron. Since we’ve been married he’s gotten a lot better at handling it and talking out his frustrations.


  • Who does the laundry? Since we currently don’t have kids it’s pretty equal. I have a feeling that will eventually shift to my job though.


  • Who folds the laundry? Again we both do, but Aaron sometimes doesn’t always fold his right away in hopes that I will do it for him. He hates folding laundry.


  • Who does the dishes? We both do, usually the one of us cooks and other does the dishes.


  • Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do it’s the side that’s closest to the bathroom. I have a small bladder.


  • Who pays the bills? I handle the finances. It’s a lot better if I take care of it – Aaron gets easily stressed out over them.


  • Who cooks dinner? Aaron and I switch this off also mostly because he really enjoys cooking (I wouldn’t want to deny him!) but I try to take care of him.


  • Who drives when you are together? Aaron does. He likes driving and I like just enjoying the ride.


  • Who is more stubborn? Going to have to say its Aaron, but I am a close second. We haven’t come across anything that we haven’t been able to work through.


  • Whose parents do you see the most? We’ve had both our families stay with us and we’ve visited them. I would have to say that we see Aaron’s a little more because they are a lot closer to us.


  • Who proposed? Aaron did. He was so excited to go for a walk behind the mental hospital in Provo. I personally thought that someone so excited to go for a walk behind the mental hospital aught to be committed; but it turned out that there was a beautiful old rock amphitheater behind the mental hospital that looked like a castle! There at sunset he proposed.


  • Who has more friends? Aaron does because he’s lived in Idaho longer and well, he’s just a likable guy who makes friends easily.


  • Who has more siblings? Aaron does. He has 5 and I have 3.


  • Who wears the pants in the family? While I feel that we have a very equal partnership I would have to say that it’s Aaron. He takes his role as priesthood holder and breadwinner very seriously, especially now that he is going to be a father. Besides I look really good in skirts and Aaron would look rather silly!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Thanks for taking me up on the tag! It's always nice to hear how the newly married Peterson's are doing :-).