Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fall Party

Last Saturday was our second annual Fall Pumpkin Party. We inivited a couple of other families to have dinner and play a few games. Aaron and I felt very adult having families with kids over - it's like we've graduated to a whole new level of adulthood. Aaron bought our new Christmas tree on Halloween (an awesome 9ft tree that was prelit for only $130 at Walmart) and he was itching to put it up. I mentioned how I had seen a "fall tree" at a craft store and so we went and bought a bunch of fall leaves that were on sale and voila! A fall tree that looks pretty awesome.

For our dinner we made taco soup, a pumpkin Thai soup and cornbread.
We then played a few rounds of Don't Eat Pete! I made a board and cups from the cricut... I secretly hope my mom will forget that I have it. When I made the cups I let AJ play with the paper scraps - she had lots of fun detsroying and shredding them.

After a rousing game of Don't Eat Pete we frosted cookies and had pumpkin cake (the kids were definatly hiped up on sugar when they left our house!). It was a nice evening andI think everyone had a good time - I sure did. It's nice to talk to other moms - I was talking to Katy and she was mentioning how her doctor always managed to scare her with off handedly mentioning things that her daughter wasn't textbook about. I mentioned how mine was the same way - come to find out we have the same doctor!

The holidays have started and I just have to smile. It's the time of year I fell in love with Aaron and it just adds to its meaning for me. To have a little family to share this time of year with is a blessing.

No comments: