Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Daddy Hour



I married an evolved male. Seriously, Aaron is a step above most men on the evolutionary ladder (of course that's if you believe in evolution!). When Aaron gets home from a hard day of work, he takes AJ for an hour allowing me to exercise, write or work on something I couldn't get to that day. I call it the Daddy hour. It works out perfectly, Aaron gets some time to bond with his child and I get a little break from baby land to use a differnt part of my brain.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Isn't it so nice to have hubby's who help out. I don't know how I'd get along without one! Such cute pictures. AJ is getting so big!

JR said...

I just have to say that the most fun with your kid will come once she can both entertain herself AND be entertaining to you. Having the daddy hour is great when you get to play more. :)

Regarding your comment on my post, I think I need to write a follow up post explaining a little better what I'm trying to do. Your advice was great, and I hope to be able to incorporate it soon... but there is something critical lacking that is behind all my floundering.

I do have to say that you're comment is the most deserving of the home-cooked specialty JR meal so far, so kudos there. :) We do need to plan another trip up to visit you sometime before the weather turns sour.