Monday, January 14, 2008

San Francisco Trip – Day Two (part two)

We waited about 15 minutes to go on the harbor cruise. When we boarded the boat we picked up a headset and a receiver to listen to the tour (this way they can offer multiple languages on the tour). We headed to the upper deck to get a better view.

The S.F. was shrouded in fog! We could make out a few things on the shore line, but hardly anything past that. The misty rain had started again (you can see it on the camera lens in a few of the pictures) and we couldn’t see the Golden Gate Bridge until we were nearly underneath it! While the fog was cool looking I was a little bummed that I didn’t really get to see all of the bridge or ocean. =( I snapped off a bunch of photos (I love digital - unlimited film!) and Aaron and I headed back into the cabin to get warm.

The sea was a little rough and both Aaron and I started to feel a little green to we headed down to the main deck where the ship was more stable. Sitting down and trying to get our tummies to settle down a little girl came down the stairs that were in front of us and threw up….twice. Feeling even more green we moved to the back of the cabin (we were trapped in order to go upstairs we would have cross the river of vomit) and waited out the rest of the tour. Did you know that guards of Alcatraz lived on the island with their families? Some of them had children that commuted back and forth for school! (I thought that was pretty interesting.)

After the tour I wanted to play my favorite game - sit down and hold still (Aaron calls it my favorite game – I think mostly so it sounds more fun to him). We found a restaurant with lousy food but it was quiet, comfortable and a nice break from the bustle of Fisherman’s wharf and the soggy weather.

After lunch we walked to Ghirardelli’s Square – where there really isn’t anything to see just a very crowded shop – but at least we got a free square of Chocolate for our trouble. We then decided it was getting late in the day and time to head over for the bus city tour.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Is there a winner in the "sit down and hold still" game? My bet is on Angel :-).

Angel Dawn said...

Oh Yes I am the reining champion. Aaron can't hold still to save his life. =)