Thursday, April 3, 2008

Professor Plum, in the garage, with the crowbar













Aaron has had it in for the Professor since the moment he met me. No really it’s true, you can ask him. He met me and thought that my purple PT Cruiser was the ugliest chick car he’d ever seen.
The one thing that he couldn’t fault my car for was the fact that it had some trade in value on it. And so his diabolical plan of killing off Professor Plum swung into action…
It’s been a particularly harsh winter here in Idaho and Aaron has gotten stuck in the snow – twice…once in each of our vehicles. They don’t believe in snowplows here - it drives us crazy. So Aaron got it into his head that we needed a better, tougher, four wheel drive vehicle that he could feel good about AJ and I riding around in. Aaron calls it his version of “nesting”. So after a few weeks of research and debating we finally settled on a family car and got it – a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. Admittedly we really like the feel of the vehicle and are happy that it doesn’t look like a mini van. We know if we take good care of it, it will serve our family for many years.

For the record, my version of nesting (getting diapers and other odds and ends) costs a lot less than Aaron’s version of nesting. But it just makes me smile that he’s taking his fatherly role very seriously.

No comments: