Thursday, December 13, 2007

Santa's Sweat Shop


Since I've been pregnant I've had no interest in sweets, hence I really haven't gotten into holiday baking this year. Aaron however, LOVES holiday treats and was thrilled to find a recipe book with Nanny-Jo's (my Grandmother) holiday recipes in it. He made caramels, peanut butter cups and fudge.

After making all the goodies it was time to wrap. I ended up cutting a bunch of cellophane (one of the most unruly substances known to man, yuck). I made it clear that I wasn't happy having to wrap each piece of caramel in a little cellophane square. Aaron started to joke that this was Santa's sweat shop. That cheered me up. We got all the candy wrapped (with curled bows and all) and have been giving them away to friends - which have been complimenting me on my cooking skills!

1 comment:

Tia said...

The candies are too good! I had to put them in the cupboard so I wouldn't eat them all and Daniel could have some :)